When reviewing applications, our program facilitators will keep the following criteria in mind in choosing projects to accept. Projects do not need to represent everything below to be considered.
• Clear Focus (specific, achievable goals, clearly conceived proposals, vision for final showing)
• Artistic Experience (experience in the discipline, or a similar discipline to the proposed project)
• Relevant (work that is contemporary, new, exciting, fresh, experimental, thought provoking)
• Representation (the project’s representation and inclusion in age, class, race, gender, immigration status, sexuality, ability, etc)
• Timeline (dates must be mutually available, considering other residencies, festivals, etc)
• Community Integration (people or projects which are community minded and complementary to our resident community)
• Environmentally Conscious (projects utilizing reclaimed materials, cultivating a relationship to the land, etc.)